Dr. L. L. Morriss lived in retirement in Longview Texas until his death in 2009.
- He began preaching in 1935,
- Served as a chaplain in the United States Army,
- Was a pastor in Texas Baptist churches, and
- Served the Baptist General Convention of Texas with the Evangelism Division and the Christian Education Coordinating Board.
- He is an alumnus of the College of Marshall, Baylor University, and the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
This site is to serve as a source of inspiration and information for everyone, but especially for young persons preparing to serve Christ and His Kingdom through Christian preaching.
Here you will find:
- Excerpts from Dr. Morriss’s book of sermons, The Sound of Boldness.
- Links to web sites featuring preaching and Baptist life.
- Dr. Morriss’s oral biography through World War II and beyond.
- Light editing of Rev. Morriss’s narrative, with links or explanations suited to the World Wide Web medium.
- Built on a weblog platform, the site will allow comments and responses to the narrative found on its pages.
Comments, greetings, corrections, or questions may be directed to Dr. Morriss or to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Acknowledgements for transcriptions to East Texas Baptist University students Megan, Tiffany, Samantha, Shannon, and Lynn.